- Reinvigorates product development.
- Provides leadership and vision.
- Very capable engineer and manager with a strong background in electronic hardware and software
development, instrumentation and controls.
- Able to look at a business situation, whether technical, financial, operations, or marketing, understand
what is working and what is not working, and determine what needs to be done.
- Progressive experience from Project Engineer to Senior Management at industrial
electronics manufacturers ranging from a small startup to multinational corporations.
- Leads development of new product lines, including responsibility for concept, design, test, sales,
marketing, field service and customer support.
- Provides technical leadership and guidance to hardware and software engineers, electronic and
- Performs hands-on hardware and software design and development.
- Raises level of customer commitment and restored credibility with key customers.
- Achieves improvements in product quality, performance and profitability.
- Implemented the user interface for WinCE-based air quality monitoring instruments using C#.
- Coded signal processing and other features for AMX-based air quality monitoring instruments using C++.
- Designed and coded a PIC16F1938-based networked servo motor controller written in C and ASM.
- Enhanced and extended the functionality of an Android remote control application written in Java.
- Designed and coded a PIC16F870 microprocessor module for sensor display, control, and serial
communications using C and ASM.
- Coded and debugged Visual Basic software for a specialized CAD software package.
- Designed a brownout alarm for material handling equipment.
- Facilitated a technical and market strategy design review of a digital amplifier project for a consumer
- "Inspection Of Non-Woven Webs Using Smart Cameras," with Sujoy Guha, International
- "Smart Camera Based Web Inspection System," with Sujoy Guha and Chris Kiraly, Vision East
- "Personal Computer-Based Data Acquisition for Liquid Flowmeter Calibration," Proceedings of
the International Instrumentation Symposium.
- "Using a Data Acquisition System for Closed Loop Position Control of a Thermocouple Rake," with J.
Stronski, Proceedings of the International Instrumentation Symposium.
- "Designing Reliable Microprocessor-Based Monitoring Instruments," with R. Flower, Medical
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, 1982. Thesis research area - aids for the deaf.
- BS EE, highest distinction, University of Rochester, 1976. Prizes for best independent project and outstanding engineering senior.
- IEEE - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- ISA - International Society of Automation
- Tau Beta Pi - The Engineering Honor Society